Want an alternative recipe to your everyday salad? Try this Pear and Gorgonzola Salad with Balsamic Dressing; tasty and fresh withDe Nigris Platinum Label Balsamic Vinegar dressing to hence flavour and make it extra special.
Ingredients for 4 People
- 4 handfuls of mixed Italian salad leaves
- 2 handfuls of shredded carrots
- 2 handfuls of rocket
- 2 medium sized green pears
- 2 tbsp crushed pumpkin seeds
- 6 oz. ripe gorgonzola cheese
- Generous drizzle of De Nigris Platinum Label Vinegar, to serve
- ½ pear for decoration
- For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp extra vergin oil
- 2 tbsp De Nigris Platinum Label Vinegar
- 1 sprinkle of sea salt flakes
For the recipe
Place the mixed leaves, rocket, and carrots in a salad bowl. Peel and slice the pear and add most of it to the bowl, keeping a few slices aside for garnish.
In a lidded jar, mix the olive oil, De Nigris Platinum Label Balsamic Vinegar and salt. Dress the salad with the vinaigrette and toss salad again until evenly distributed.
Remove the rind and chop the Gorgonzola and place it on top of the salad with more slcied pear and another drizzle of De Nigris Platinum Label Balsamic Vinegar. Sprinkle with crushed pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.