These delicious Pumpkin Flans with seeds, parmesan and De NigrisBlack Modena Pearls are perfect for a light dinner or as a party starter.
Ingredients for 4 People
- For the flans:
- 1 lb. pumpkin (raw weight)
- 1 egg
- 4 oz. ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup milk or cream
- 1.8 oz. breadcrumbs
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Rosemary, to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, to taste
- For the flans breading:
- 7 oz. pumpkin seeds
- 4 tbsp breadcrumbs + olive oil
- For decoration:
- 1 tsp of pumpkin seeds
- 3 or 4 large parmesan flakes/for flan
- 1 tbsp Black Modena Pearls – for flan
For the recipe
- Pre – heat oven at 180°
- Peel and clean the pumpkin, then cut it into cubes. Place it on a baking tray with parchment paper and season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Cook in a ventilated oven for about 15 minutes. Then let it cool.
- In a blender, mix the pumpkin until smooth and creamy. Place it in a bowl and add the egg, ricotta cheese, milk, salt and beadcrumbs and mix well.
- Pre-heat oven at 170°. Meanwhile, grease the flan molds with oil and breadcrumbs, then add pumpkin seeds to the base.
- Pour the mix in the molds and cook in ventilated oven at 170° for 25 minutes.
- When ready, let the flans cool, then decorate with pumpkin seeds and parmesan flakes. To finish, top with a tablespoon of De Nigris Black Modena Pearls