Need a quick, delicious and beautiful pasta dish? This Balsamic Chicken Pasta Salad is one of the best ones I have ever made. The De Nigris Balsamic Vinegar combined with the bacon, chicken, tomatoes and cheeses was just amazing. It is really fresh and bright and felt lighter than a lot of other recipes I have tried in the past.
While this is really great for a summer barbecue side dish, I still really enjoy it in the winter as a meal served with a simple green salad. The chicken, bacon and tomatoes make it filling and satisfying.
TIP: Leftover grilled shrimp makes a tasty substitute for chicken
Ingredients for 4 People
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 3 grilled or baked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup De Nigris Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic, minced salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated chopped fresh basil
For the recipe
Cook pasta according to package directions and drain. Add chicken, tomatoes, bacon and feta cheese. In a small bowl whisk olive oil, De Nigris Balsamic Vinegar, sugar, garlic and salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture and toss until well combined. Top with Parmesan cheese and basil.