Delicious Roasted Vegetable Orzo tossed in a garlic-balsamic vinaigrette! Easy to customize, full of flavor, and great for packed lunches, picnics, potlucks, etc.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 2 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 medium yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons De Nigris Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove minced garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil
For the recipe
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook orzo according to package directions then drain. On a large sheet pan, toss together cut vegetables with 2 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper until well coated. Roast for 10 minutes. Stir vegetables and bake for another 10 minutes or until tender. While pasta and vegetables cook, whisk together all dressing ingredients in a large bowl until well combined. Add in drained orzo and roasted vegetables to the large bowl with dressing. Toss all ingredients together until well incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately for a warm dish or refrigerate for a cold dish.